- Career Level Manager
- Experience 3 Years
- Qualifications Associate
Excellent opportunities to broaden your career horizon
Lanka IOC PLC, the only private sector organization in the field of downstream petroleum marketing in Sri Lanka and ranked amongst the leading Corporates in Sri Lanka, now offers excellent career opportunities for professionals
Company Secretary Location: Colombo
The ideal candidate should be smart and energetic with a dynamic personality and capable of handling the task independently as per requirements of the company. The selected candidate will be required to work with following roles and responsibilities:
- Attending to shareholders requests, grievances and deal with registrar of companies to service shareholders requirements on a regular basis.
- Ensuring compliance of proper board procedures & regulations
- Maintaining a repository of Board approved policies for compliance & board preparation of JV company ie. CPSTL
- Execute instructions of the Board of Directors
- Ensuring Compliance with the Companies Act, listing rules & other statutory requirements.
- Sit in attendance in all board committee meetings
- Update & Keep Minutes of proceedings of meetings of shareholders and directors
- Keep up to date with relevant legal, statutory & regulatory requirements and best practices & provide advice & support in matters required so that there is no breach of legal requirements
- Make announcements to Registrar of Companies, Colombo Stock Exchange of the financial end results as soon as the accounts have been approved.
- Decisions on dividend payment to be announced without delay after board approval. Announcement must give details of the exact net amount payable per share, the payment date, the record date together with income tax liability.
- Circulate notice of meetings and non-routine resolutions
- Coordinating & monitoring statutory filings on a timely basis
- Preparation of the Board meetings, Annual General Meeting and administration arising from the meeting
- Ensuring Corporate ethics & activities related to Corporate Social Responsibility.
- All legal matters of the company and exercising Control over Legal matters & cases including Maintenance of updated MIS, coordinating with functions & Lawyers for updating hearings & other developments.
- Compilation of Annual Report of the company
- Maintain/ create PR with regulatory bodies and governmental officials
- Execution of various agreements with or without common seal and maintaining all the agreements, Security Deposit related Original Documents
- More than 3 years of experience as company secretary with experience in a public quoted Company.
- Member of the Institute of Charted Secretaries and Administration UK or equivalent, preferably an Associate Member conversant with Companies Act, Colombo Stock Exchange Rules & other statutory requirements.
- License of the Registrar of Companies in Sri Lanka as a company secretary
If you are the candidate with the above attributes/qualifications, an application with comprehensive CV (with photograph) should be submitted at the following address on or before 5th April 2021. (Please mention the position applied) Candidates can also send their resume through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lanka IOC PLC
Human Resources Department
Level 20, West Tower, World Trade Centre, Echelon Square, Colombo 01.