- Career Level Others
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Qualifications O/L
Tamil & English-Speaking Contact Center Associate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Candidate is responsible for handling calls on demand and translating the conversations from Tamil to English.
- Answer the Call promptly and conduct interpretation in a friendly and professional manner.
- Relay messages from one language to another accurately, without omissions and additions, and maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak the same language by converting one spoken language to another.
- Remain calm during interpreting sessions in the event that one of the primary speakers is angry or upset, especially in emergency situations.
- Follow client instructions to ensure client expectations are met with the Limited English-speaking Person (LEP)
- Fluency to Speak in Tamil and English is a Must.
- Excellent listening, retention, and note-taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy during the call.
- Ability to read and write Tamil, English & Sinhalese languages – highly preferred.
- Previous experience working with north American company’s will be an added advantage.
- Dedicated mobile phone or computer – Apple iPhone or Android smart phones are acceptable.
- A Good Internet connection for work related electronic communication.
- Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse and remain in a stationary position in front of a computer during the shift.
- Must have access to a quiet space free from background noise or distraction.
Work Hours: Night Shift (6:30pm – 2:30am)
School leavers who speak excellent English & Tamil are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in learning more about our Interpreting, Translation, subtitling for the TV and Movie industry opportunities, please contact Us & we would be happy to talk with you. Please send your resume through Job Hub.