Career Level Trainee
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Brandix, a leader in Sri Lanka’s Apparel industry and adjudged ‘Exporter of the Year’ at the 2018/19 Presidential Export Awards, operates apparel manufacturing units in Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh, with operations in Haiti, Cambodia and UK. The company continues its inspired journey in developing, manufacturing and marketing end-to-end apparel solutions to world-renowned brands, whilst empowering sustainable development in the communities it operates in.
Intern – Occupational Health & Safety
Brandix Apparel Solutions Limited – Fast Fashion – Welisara | Mirigama Minuwangoda | Avissawella
As Intern – Occupational Health & Safety, you will be reporting to the Plant Occupational Health & Safety Lead. You will be responsible for ensuring that the plant/Centre achieves the required Occupational Health & Safety standards and COVID-19 Management system.
- Assist Plant OHS Lead with COVID-19 Management activities, maintain and update records related to the COVID-19 Management system daily, and report to the plant management on set frequencies
- Ensure that workplaces conduct regular Health & Safety Inspections/Audit against the well-defined checklist and submit the findings for Management meetings and recommendations, and ensure that improvements are implemented based on the identified high-risk factors with recommended solutions to the Management for their information and perusal
- Ensure that all employees are competent to handle the areas they are responsible for and work with the relevant stakeholders to build a safety culture by designing and implementing safety campaigns, competitions, and activities
- Graduates or Undergraduates with a Degree or Diploma in any stream/Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health/NIOSH or NEBOSH qualifications, with good A/L results and good University results (2nd Upper/Lower grades preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential. Knowledge on Power Bi, Data Analysis, Data Science would be added advantage
- Attention to detail, a structured and disciplined work approach, the ability to deliver results on time and work under pressure are essential competencies
- Proficiency in English with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Willing to work from 8.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m. on weekdays. Occasionally on Saturdays as and when request by Management.