- Career Level Manager
- Experience 5 Years
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
No two days are the same at AMW, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognizes and rewards quality performance, and what do you get, The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started 70 years ago, popularly known as AMW now a fully-owned subsidiary of Al Futtaim Group (AFG) of United Arab Emirates, is one of the pioneers in the Automotive industry in Sri Lanka.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a HR strategy and the annual HR Plan for the business. Create and support a continuous improvement environment for HR activities within the Business Units in liaise with the Business MD, SHRBP, Group MD and Group HR Director.
- Develop succession plans and retention strategies for key talent and positions.
- Liaise with Group Training Department to ensure training needs of key and high potential staff are identified and delivered.
- Manage ER issues within the business units.
- Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon ‘Al Futtaim Way’ values, ensure compliance with local laws and Group policy throughout the employee lifecycle, Communicate and implement changes to HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure disciplinary procedure is properly applied before any employee is exited from the business.
- Act as a trusted business partner and coach to senior line management. Consult and support line managers across the business units. Advise, coach and mentor management and HR team on people related issues.
- Play an advisory role in creating and managing a lean and multi-skilled workforce, look at business unit productivity and take necessary actions to improve it.
- Ensure annual manpower budgeting exercise is conducted accurately and efficiently. Create, obtain approval for and manage HR Department budget / Monitor incentive payouts, Provide line management with regular and financial reporting of employee costs.
- Ensure compliance to HR policy is maintained, to review and strengthen business internal controls and procedures, ensure compliance of DOA and provide leadership on process and governance.
- Should possess a Degree in HRM, & MBA will be added advantage, Knowledge of HR information systems such as SAP / SuccessFactors is required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in HRM including at least 2-3 years’ experience as a HR business partner.
- Financial and numerical proficiency, good working knowledge in MS Office packages specially in Excel.
- Positive attitude/ fast learning/good team player/ willing to work late hours where it’s necessary, willing to travel to other AMW locations.
- Work under pressure & complete tasks well ahead of deadlines.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalized CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviors, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.